Breaking News About Detox Diet LemonMay 16th, 2011 by Fit Guy 2 Comments
Everyone knows that dieting and exercising helps burn fat and shed extra weight. A healthy rate of losing weight this way is roughly one pound a week. But did you know that another method — detoxification — can actually make you lose weight twice as fast? And you don’t have to go through an embarrassing colon hydrotherapy session, either — all the ingredients are probably already in your kitchen right now.
Detox Diet, Lemon Style
The lemon detox diet is a popular new method of weight loss and detoxification. It involves drinking a sweet, tasty drink everyday for two weeks, which has enough nutrients and calories to keep you from going hungry throughout the day.
But more importantly, the lemon detox diet helps you shed weight by removing accumulated toxins in the body, particularly solid waste matter in the digestive tract. Detoxifying the body makes it run more smoothly, protecting you from disease and making subsequent weight loss much easier to achieve.
Celebrities and the rest of us alike have tried the lemon detox diet, with fantastic results. If you do everything right for two weeks, you stand to lose anywhere from 12 to 20 pounds. Got two weeks’ worth of patience? Then this is the diet for you!
What The Lemon Detox Diet Involves
The diet involves the replacement of solid food with 6-8 glasses of a special lemon drink, which gives you enough nutrients and calories to last the day. Here’s how to prepare a standard glass:
(1) Fill a standard 8-oz glass halfway through with water, preferably very cold.
(2) Next, cut a lemon in half and squeeze the juice from one of the halves into the glass. Make sure not to drop any of the seeds or pulp into the glass — you may need to use a strainer.
(3) Add two tablespoons of pure maple syrup. Take note of the word “pure!” Don’t use commercial maple syrup — it may contain added sugar and sweeteners that might sabotage the diet’s effectiveness.
(4) To taste, add a pinch of either ground ginger or Cayenne pepper.
(5) Stir the resulting mixture well, and then fill the glass to the brim with more cold water.
(6) Enjoy! Keep track of how many glasses you’ve drunk throughout the day — that way you can tell if you need more glassfuls, or if you can do just fine with fewer.
How The Lemon Detox Diet Works
The lemon detox diet helps you lose weight in two ways. First, it creates a calorie deficit — each glassful is chock-full of nutrients, but has only 70 calories each. Even 10 glasses a day gives you a total of 700 calories — well below the 2,000 or more most people take through solid food!
Aside from encouraging fat burn through the calorie deficit, the lemon detox diet also purges the body of toxins that have built up over the years. With no solid food to process for two weeks, the body can focus on getting rid of the waste material that’s poisoning you from the inside and making you gain weight.
Go ahead and try it out! If you’re not sure about the diet, ask your doctor or dietitian about it. And remember — follow the steps to the letter if you want its fullest effects!